Original Medicare is likely to pay for most of your health care supplies and services; nevertheless, it never pays for anything and everything. That is the reason you are required to go for any of Medicare supplement plans for your convenience. This specific supplement plans are basically offered through the private insurance companies. It is also well-known as Medigap which can be used to pay for those hospitals and medical costs that cannot be covered by the Original Medicare.
What kinds of coverage do not fall under medicare supplement plans?
There are various kinds of coverage that are different than the Medicare supplement plans. Some of these types of coverage are described below.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Employer-or the union sponsored group coverage.
- Long term care insurance policies.
- Veterans’ benefits.
All these plans are basically available in most of the states in US. The premium and coverage levels are likely to vary but the advantages of every plan within a category are supposed to remain exactly same irrespective of the company or its location. For example, the benefits of plan A will be same in New Jersey as in Oregon. In general, this medicare plan is likely to cover the below described benefits.
- Medicare Part B basically copayment or coinsurance.
- On the other hand, Medicare part A basically cover hospital costs and coinsurance part.
- Part A covers hospice care co-payment or co-insurance.
- Blood (about first 3 pints)
That being said, the coverage of this Medicare plan can be partial for some specific plans. On the other hand, some kinds of Medicare plans may also cover following things:
- Foreign travel emergency.
- Coinsurance of trained nursing facility care.
- Deductible of Medicare part A
- Deductible of Medicare part B
- Excess charges of Medicare part B.
- You are required to have Medicare part A along with the part B to get the Medicare supplement plan at all.
- Each of the Medigap policies needs to be properly identified as the ‘’Medicare Supplement Insurance’’.
- Medicare Supplement Plans 2018 is generally for a single person. Hence, in case you are married, you need to buy separate policies for you and your spouse.
- Always explore all the necessary information about the Medicare Supplement Plans before you process with this plan to avail all its advantages.